Monthly Archives: October 2015
Saturday! Spa on The Boulevard 3rd Anniversary Open House
This Saturday, October 24, we’re throwing a bonus open house in honor of Spa on The Boulevard’s 3rd Anniversary! Stop in to help us celebrate with incredible one-day-only offers: 20% off gift cards; 20% off all retail products; up to 50% off all boutique items; FREE samples and beauty demos; FREE entry in the Day of Beauty raffle and more! See all of our specials.
Our beauty experts recently appeared on Fox45’s morning show to demonstrate how to celebrate your Ravens pride with your hair, makeup and more! Watch the segment online here:
Preventing Winter Skin Woes
Cold weather is almost here and along with falling temperatures comes rough, dry, chapped skin. Environmental factors such as dry indoor heat and over-exposure to warm water wreak havoc on skin this time of year. Escaping to a warmer, more humid climate for the winter sounds appealing, but for most that is not a realistic option.
At Salon by Debbie Spas, which include Spa in The Valley in Hunt Valley, Salon on The Avenue in White Marsh, and Salon on The Boulevard in Abingdon, we are asked by clients for tips and tricks on the best ways to treat and prevent dry skin during the harsh winter months. We advise that clients consider some lifestyle choices that go beyond a great moisturizer to help keep skin protected and feeling great.
Here are suggestions we pass along to our Salon by Debbie Spa clients to help ease dry skin and prevent winter skin woes.
- Eat a rainbow of foods, especially fruits, vegetables, nuts and fish. These are loaded with anti-oxidants and Omega 3 fats help skin stay nourished.
- Is your cleanser too harsh? Skin should feel soft after washing. Creamy cleansers don’t strip skin of their natural oils and are a great choice for winter.
- Turn down the shower water temperature. Hot showers can strip skin of essential skin oils.
- Exfoliate. The winter months are a great time to aggressively address hyperpigmentation since the sun is not at its strongest. Skin products with lightening and brightening ingredients found in exfoliants not only re-texturize skin, but also help with dark spots.
- Moisturize right after the shower. The best regimen is to pat skin dry, and then slather on a favorite cream or body oil within 3 minutes of exiting the shower.
- Lip protection is just as important in winter as summer. Cracked and broken lips are not only unsightly and painful, but they open the door to germs and possible sickness. A favorite lip balm reapplied keeps lips soft and supple.
- Wear sun protection including a high SPF year-round to protect skin and prevent aging effects.
- Consider a humidifier. A cool mist humidifier helps add moisture to heated rooms that are often moisture depleted.
At all three locations – Spa in The Valley, Spa on The Avenue, and Spa on The Boulevard – Salon by Debbie Spas have experts available for skin assessments and customized treatment plans. The winter is a great time to take care of skin and meet with a skincare professional to learn how to nourish, enrich and protect skin now and throughout the year.
Treat yourself to our October specials!
- $99 Custom 90-Minute Massage
Save almost 20% on our most popular stress-reliever! Available October 1-31 at all Spa locations with coupon. Get coupon.
- Pink Grapefruit Deluxe Manicures and Pedicures
Save nearly 15% on these energy-boosting nail treatments. $5 from each service goes to Susan G. Komen. Available October 1-31 at all Spa locations. Manicure subject to availability.
- Moroccan Oil BOGO 40% Off: Oct. 1-15 Only!
Buy one Moroccan Oil product and get 40% off a second Moroccan Oil product. Discount applies to product of equal or lesser value.
Massage and Manicure/Pedicure offers valid on services received through October 31, 2015.
One use per client. Not valid with any other offers. Cannot be used in conjunction with Spa Finder, Spa Wish, Spa Week, or AVEDA certificates. No cash value. See coupons for terms and conditions.